STEPHEN J WILKINSON
STEPHEN J WILKINSON
A subject matter industry expert with more than 20 years of successful experience, Steve Wilkinson stands at the forefront of the fastest moving world of data privacy. He has spent the past seven years bringing around a shift from old style privacy awareness into the 21st century. Coming from a risk and compliance background, Steve is a person with a risk-based approach to data security systems and with deep privacy industry knowledge.
Steve, has been a prolific guest speaker at several events within the past 2 years, mainly speaking on the impacts of privacy and data protection. Steve has received numerous awards one of which is being recognised as within the top 100 most influential people within the UK for pollution reduction, which demonstrates his diversity in work.
Steve has championed the awareness for regulatory compliance for a number of years, promoting all sizes of companies whilst providing information and recommendations to the regulatory authorities and governments on a global aspect.
Steve now works for DEFRA as their Subject Matter Expert and is involved with the production of new legislation codes of practice relating to data protection and advising ministers, working closely with DCMS, ICO, FCA etc.
- Data Protection
- Health and Safety
- Environmental Management
- Expert Witness and Reports
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- LLM(Hons) – De Montfort University
- Certificate in Law – The Open University
- Data Protection/Data Privacy Certificate – International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP).
APPOINTMENTS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe
- Member the Arena for Data Protection Professionals
- Chartered Member Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Quality Assurance (UK)
- Practitioner Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment
- Member Institute of Leadership and Management
English – Fluent