Simon is an outstanding senior data & risk professional with over 25 years of national and international experience together with a demonstrable record of successful achievements; proactively implementing change and influencing key customers, senior managers and directors together with all levels of employees within and outside of an organisation.
At Epinots he heads up and develops all aspects of the data protection practice. As a data protection expert, Simon provides advice to the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sports (DCMC). Simon has provided advice to functions across corporate services on complying with data protection legislation in line with Defra Group guidance and standards, including the development of framework governance and the use of privacy notices, consent statements, and data sharing agreements.
Previously, he has acted as a Head of QHSE, Lead auditor in Business Continuity, implemented and tested Business Continuity for various organisations but not limited to Landmarc Support Services, Welsh Parliament, QinetiQ and Addison Lee. He is a specialist in accident investigation, complex fire safety audit and review, preparing expert reports and acting as an expert witness in cases relating to data breach, environmental, fire, health and safety failure.
Simon is highly sought after for speaking engagements in data protection, health, fire and safety regulatory compliance matters.
- Data Protection
- Health and Safety
- Environmental Management
- Fire Safety
- HSE Training
- Expert Witness and Reports
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- PG Cert Data Protection Law and Information Governance – Northumbria University
- PG Diploma Occupational Health and Safety – Cardiff Metropolitan University
- BA (Hons) Politics – London Southbank University
- Data Protection/Data Privacy Certificate – International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP).
- Diploma in Change Management, Business Admin and Management – Oxford College
APPOINTMENTS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe
- Chartered Member Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Fellow International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
- Fellow Royal Society of Public Health
- Fellow International Safety Quality Environment Management Association
- Practitioner Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment
- Registered Safety Practitioner
- Member Institute of Industrial Accident Investigators
- Member Institute of Leadership and Management
English – Fluent