Simon Ejiofor Ossai
SIMON EJIOFOR OSSAI
Simon is a dual qualified dispute resolution and HSE risk practitioner with industry experience, including technical, as well as a legal background in health and safety, construction law, international arbitration, and construction adjudication. He has advised clients within the oil & gas, maritime, natural resources, facility management, M&E, telecommunications, manufacturing, and corporate sectors.
As a member of the dispute resolution team, he advises and represents clients in construction adjudication, construction and commercial arbitration matters. More recently he has been involved in LCIA and ICC arbitrations.
As a member of the health, safety and environment team, he develops all aspects of the construction health, safety and environment practice to provide solutions to key stakeholders in the construction and engineering sector throughout the UK and Africa. Portfolio includes providing strategic and operational risk management solutions, legal and contractual compliance, advising on Codes of Practice, Guidance, industry best practices, EHS civil claims and prosecutions, enforcement notices, leading on complex incident investigation, providing expert reports, training and assessment of HSE and construction qualifications and providing thought leadership.
- Dispute Resolution (construction adjudication, construction and commercial arbitration)
- Health and Safety Management
- Environmental Management
- Health and Safety Training
- NVQ Assessment (Construction & Engineering)
- Expert Witness and Reports
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- MSc Construction Law and Dispute Resolution – Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College, University of London
- LLB(Hons) Law – BPP University Law School London
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice (level 6)
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Pontifical Urban University Rome – Latin Diploma
APPOINTMENTS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
- Fellow Royal Society of Public Health
- Chartered Member Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Member Institute of Industrial Accident Investigators.
Igbo – Fluent | English – Fluent| French – Basic